Jackie's Journey to Julia

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Jade adventures



After we did the two different sites today we went to the wholesale market /mall. We went in search of Jade but I ended up walking away with nothing. It was more like little shops than a jade market. I was disappointed. I could have bought any pearl, stone or jade anything I wanted in bulk, but I did not see what I was after.

We did buy some DVDs for $2 a pop.... welcome to China. :) Joy will be thrilled!

Afterwards we want back to our hotel and Julia was konked out. The boys wanted a little snooze and so the three of them took a rest and I went out in search of the jade market I was thinking of. The mall market was not it...
So I headed out down the street that is a pedestrian only shopping street. WOW -- what a zoo. I headed out, enjoyed a sprinkle of rain and found the market I was looking for. Great Jade is not cheap -- even in China. But B grade jade is .... so I found quite a stash for myself and several who requested Jade. I ended up with all that is pictured for $150 US. The bead bracelets were $15 each ... not too shabby.

Later the boys are each going to take the equivelant of $50 each and see how much they can buy for school clothes with that here. Should be interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home