Jackie's Journey to Julia

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Its Official -- Adoption Proceedings are done

This morning we met up with our guide Sandy and headed out for our adoption paperwork. First stop was the Civil Affairs office. We had to get a passport photo and then do the paperwork. We gave gifts to the orphanage -- Many of them. Kelly, they LOVED the book. I got the scoop on whos who in Guangyuan orphanage... Mr Li still directs everything and all things have to be run through him. The representative -- Mr. Puh -- was grateful and kind.

We then went to a stop somewhere for Julia's passport. It is still not done.

From there we went to the Notary and I signed my name saying that I would raise this child with education and love like my other children. We signed the no refund, no return.... do not abandon or leave this child paperwork and we were done.

Now we wait for her passport -- after that we are free to go. It is still unclear when that will be ... and I am not sure if we can leave early -- still looking into that stuff.

So .... 14 thousand miles, 14 thousand dollars and 14 thousand hours later.... Lauren Julia Hope Marsh is my daughter. She will be a lucky baby... and I a lucky mama.

2 Comments:

  • Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

  • Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home